Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alfresco Art Fair 2009

I was recently involved in the planning team of the Alfresco Art fair organised by Fill-Your-Walls gallery, Singapore.It was something new for me and I had to plan something for the interactive art station.For the adults, I suggested 'you and me portrait' which is basically a pair of artists painting/sketching one another.For the children, there were a few activities e.g. 'You spill and I make art' and 'You and I doodle'.

In these activities for the children, it gave them the freedom to create something based on their imagination.
The main idea behind these activities was to encourage joint effort.The photographs show the on-going activities during the fair.As one can see,these activities were good fun and received positive feedback from the visitors.
The other attractions of the fair were art studios, art works exhibited and live landscape painting done by visitors. Being an event under one big tent,it became quite hot during the day.Intermittent heavy downpour brought the temperature down but caused other inconveniences.On the whole,it was a pleasant experience for me.

No comments: